CPU temp

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xinside, Jul 20, 2003.

1. xinside

xinside Guest

My cpu temp always run anywhere from 55c to 60c. in between them numbers. Is this bad?

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

It's a bit high. but it's till OK. No panic anyway. :)

3. xinside

xinside Guest

got a fan for 6$ at wal*mart. hah. now it goes to like only 45-50. worked a little. yay.

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

your walmart sells fans? hmm... i'll have to look next time.

5. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

I went to lan on friday and a guy said he got his bay-bus from wall mart I waslike uhhhhhh wtf when did they start selling stuff like that.

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

hey krux, i just noticed you have the sn54g. how is it? any complaints? is the cooling sufficient?

7. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

well for how quiet it is its pretty cool, keeps it in the 40 to 50c range when its (keeping in mind its summer were I live and im a poor college student and can't afford AC) but if I take the cover off its drops to low 40's to high 30's other then that it works good Ive read all the reviews I could find and its faster then the fullsized nforce 2 boards esp. the asus one (the one everyone thinks is so great) during the winter or if I replace the 80mm stock fan that came with it I was see massive drops in temps (I live in a valley it gets real hot here and then real cold) so far tho im really impressed with it.

8. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

AMD's are good to about 70° to 80°, tho' the lower the better.
    Got myself a globalwin silent dual-fan for about $30 US from http://www.globalwin.com.tw and haven't looked back, slapped on a bit of Arctic silver and i'm down to 32° to 36° (gaming)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

nice. i can't imagine having an oc'd 3200+ and 5900ultra in one of those... getting almost 20k 3dmarks out of something the size of a shoebox. with all the features of an atx setup, too. mind-boggling.

my stupid palomino runs up to 60c (it's been over 105f lately, and a/c is used very sparingly), so don't feel self conscious about your temps around me. if my proc fried, i would not be heartbroken. ;) maybe a good temp-controlled 80mm fan would be a nice upgrade for you.

10. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

I would be heartbroken!!! I love my cpu its hits 2.4ghz on air cooling.... when its not 100+ outside I got a good overclocker runs fast and cool (when weather permits) and I don't have to up the voltage on it I got really lucky when I bought it and u don't get good chips like that often :)