CPU Temp

Originally posted by vdubVR6
or you might want to try one of those programs from b4 they might work..

Sorry which ones were that? And yeah i've looked in the bios but i can't change anything because the processor determines the speed itself, so i can't change anything with the fsb via the bios...or is it just me

Sorry which ones were that

I belive it was SoftFSB and .........I dont remember the names of the othes. Okay so it sounds like your board won't unlock the cpu but that doesnt mean you cant do it by jumpers again(however thats probably not the case)if not then you are going to have to find a program that is compatiable w/ your mobo or your just not going to be able to o/c. I do need to know the exact name of you mobo if you could get it..., try there site see if they have a program that will find your board, then let me know if there is a manual for it....unless you already have one. and we will go from there:)

I have a manual it was in the box, i'm away for a few minutes..brb :D

Right, i'm back...so what were you thinking bout...? do i have to mess around with the jumpers again or is there a more simple way?
in the bios setup the fsb is set to 100x7.0, but that doesn't effect anything i guess, since the processor runs at 1295 mhz... any other suggestions?

Hey G-Lizard, I only refer to the Temp 1 (CPU temp), HD (hard drive temp), and Temp 2 ( your mobo temp). 36C is fair for your Hard drive, and I'm thinking that youv'e set the Temp warning bands wrong ? Also ,I presume you set to show Celsius not Farenheit? In configure, click on the tabs of the 3 mentioned readings and make sure you narrowed the Warning and Desired
to your desired range.For instance, I have my CPU as 48C
desired temp and 65C for warning.
Your high readings must be Farenheit or your PC would have vaporised by now!!:p

can you adjust those numbers. bc that sounds like what you want. if you can try to adjust the seven first to say 7.5 and see what happens.(as to why it is 100x7.0 im not sure should be higher)

yeah i've tried that but nothing happens because i can't set the fsb from the bios, it is set by the processor itself..:mad: :(

Hmmm.....well all processors are locked one way or another bc they dont want you to o/c but if you board has the option to change the settings of the cpu then it should change......i will check to see if celerons need anything diff. done to o/c them....can you by any chance send me your manual.

I really don't get that shitty program...

Temp 1: 127
Temp 2: 13
Temp 3: 128

and it was at celsius and i set the bands...so i don't know what's going on?:confused:

I will have a look on the Aopen website...will reply asap..okay:)

:) sorry bro. had to go on my lunch.....ill take a look @ it for ya.

Yep i found the program on the cd that was delivered with the mobo, i will look if i can do anything with that link you gave me...i'm out for 2day...it's 21:44 here, and dad is getting angry...i've been on it all day..so...c ya 2morrow

Have found a little more time...lol...euhmm...well i've tried that thing in the bios, i've set it @ 100x14.0 but nothing changes, i think that is because of the processor...again!...

hmmm okay ill check up on something else but i cant imagine how this can be.:confused:

me neither...it says in the screen next to the options menu that some processors determine their own speed, that is set by the factory, so that's why this doesn't help...btw softfsb doens't work either...let's get back to the jumpers then...:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back