Cpu gets slower / hard drive space decreases for no reason

Rob16299

OSNN Junior Addict
Got an problem here, quite odd if you ask me.

Here are my specs to start:

AMD XP 1800+
MSI KT 333
Chaintech GeForce TI4200 64MB
Maxtor 40GB 5400 RPM
512 MB PC2100 DDR
300 Watt PSU
Windows XP Home

Heres the problem:

About a month ago, I downloaded a movie off kazaa.. watched it.. and the second it finished, my monitor turned off.. Struggled for a few days to figure out why I could no longer play games in 3d after watching the movie..

Figured I would try a new video card, bought a chaintech (before I had an MSI geforce4200). Everything worked great since that purchase (games, movies, 3d, everything..).

Now the problem. I check my system info (right clicking my computer) It says... 1150 mhz.. and I have an 1800+ Athlon XP... Then i check my computer drive space (maxtor 40gb) and it says..29.1 gb of space..

I had in the past looked at these both and saw they were correct (1550mhz and 39.1gb) so that is ruled out.

Only possible conclusions I have come up with are:

1.) A virus in the movie
2.) Overheating
3.) It says its 1150 mhz but in fact it is still 1550 mhz

My question to you all is.. What do you think could be the culprit or what else could I perhaps look at?

I appreciate any responses and thank you in advance. Ill check the board daily, hopefully someone can perhaps help.

Thanks.

Reinstall all, Windows, and the whole shebang, it might just make it better.

sounds like virus to me
best thing in my opinion is to do a LLF or 0-fill
just start afresh

and stop downloading movies... unless its pr0n... and good pr0n :)

I know it's possible to put code into pictures and such, but I never knew it was possible to include it in video.

Thats quite strange. Is it even possible ? :huh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back