cpu fan?

DoNuTjC

OSNN Addict
My computer is Loud... I thought it was like that because I have 8 fans in it... when I put my new vid card in, I turned on the computer and heard that my cpu fan is that one thats loud... I know this cause I spoted my cpu fan and then computer was quite then when I started the fan again the computer was loud again... this is the first time I've seen or heard this... is this normal or is there something wrong with the fan??

Thanks guyz :D

Some fans are very loud. I had a Volcano 6+ which turned at a constant 7000 rpm. It was very loud. I replaced it with a Volcano 7 which is variable speed and usually only spins at around 4000 rpm. Much quieter. Do you know what fan you may have?

I just went to look at my fan.. its just one that came with the cpu... all it says on it is AMD...

Is the fan big? How about the heatsink? Usually, big retail fans are loud; and don't do a very good job of cooling...if you aren't happy with yours, get a Volcano 7 or a Volcano 9...that should be somewhat quieter...

Originally posted by Nick M
Is the fan big? How about the heatsink? Usually, big retail fans are loud; and don't do a very good job of cooling...if you aren't happy with yours, get a Volcano 7 or a Volcano 9...that should be somewhat quieter...

no both fan and heatsink are not that big... but they are both doing the job... I have a program that comes with my motherboard that says the cpu is stay at around 44 degrees c. and no higher then 48 degrees....

I think I'll look into getting a new fan and heatsink...

thanks

Hey, out of interest, what's the proggie that tells you the temp? I can't find out that will tell me. Mobo monitor doesn't show it ( or I just don't see it or can't figure out how to work it )

MBM5.....if you go to their website they have mobo info to configure correctly

if you get a new hsf....try lookin at the slk-800

this is what i found for your board Nick

GA7VRXP rev 1
SIS950/ITE8705F* primary sensor
SIS950/ITE8705F-1 case sensor
SIS950/ITE8705F-2 cpu sensor

GA7VRXP rev 2
SIS950/ITE8705F*
SIS950/ITE8705F-1
LM83-7 remote

Originally posted by Nick M
Hey, out of interest, what's the proggie that tells you the temp? I can't find out that will tell me. Mobo monitor doesn't show it ( or I just don't see it or can't figure out how to work it )

The one that came with my mobo is called SOYO HW Monitor

[CpK]Bastid, Thanks a lot. Lemme see if I can get it to work right.... :) Hey, this is a stupid question, but, by any chance, how do I stick a picture in my sig?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back