CPU Cooling ??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by hook2, Apr 19, 2002.

1. hook2

hook2 Guest

Can anyone tell me what the optimum temp. my CPU should be at? It is at 32 C right now. Also, how can I determine what type of heatsink to buy for it to make it cooler. Any kind of help in this area would be appreciated. Thanks

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

What is your CPU?

3. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

I don't s'pose you could give us a hint as to what your CPU might be ??

4. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Hehe. Same time gothic. :p

5. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Snap !!

6. da rock

da rock Guest

ditto the above!!

7. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

hehe

it doesnt realy matter thats pretty cold for any chip. no worries.............:D you dont need a new heat sink, whats tha temp on your system? dont let that system temp go over 40c or 43c max if you can help it. once that mobo hits 110 farenheight
    its shortning the life. an amd chips normal temp range is from 48c to 58c. not sure bout a pentium, but i know it runs cooler than
    an athlon.

8. duder

duder Guest

if your at 32c i'd leave it alone, and pentium 4's don't run cooler than amd's, well except for the northwoods

9. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

umm ya they do run cooler

there made with less microns so naturaly they run cooler. i think normal range for p 4s is in the 38 39 c range. ;) i think the original p4s were .15 microns athlon xp is .18 microns. im not sure what the new p4 is but i think its .13 microns. but i could be wrong.....:)

10. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

ohh hey duder?

how is that extigy? any good?:D

11. duder

duder Guest

umm the orignal p4's run the same temp

umm the original p4's run the same temp as the t-birds, the northwoods run cooler. The extigy is sweet i have zer0 complaints