CPU cold to hot

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FishBoy, Oct 21, 2004.

1. last week i looked at my CPU (amd athlon 64 3200+) temperature and it was down to 25 (with open windows and 5 fans) but this week all of a suddent it's up to 40 and i still have all the fans on the case on (blowing inside the case) could the thermal paste have gone bad on it can anyone help?? thx guys

2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Myself with that CPU I wouldn't be worried about a temp of 40C. Actually I would love to get that .. my dirty rig w/ a 1700+ is running @ 48C right now according to MBM. :p

3. im using asus probe and speedfan... but c'mon it was nice amd 64 at 25 degrees:D:D now it's 46 with cases fan on low and cpu fan on 100% according to speedfan

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I'm no guru but my guess would be either 1) the 1st temp was off and your now getting a true temp or 2) it has now "burned in" and is higher but at a stable temp

5. no i think it was right the first time coz i was freezing my ass off and the case was cold as f*** i could use it as an A/C

6. hi i just noticed that my computer keeps on slowing down randomly even though i defragment my files a lot, after i defragment it works fine and then reslows down in a couple of hours, do you think it has something to do with my cpu, is there any program that i could find out if my cpu is working fine? thanks guys