CPU Clocking

oh okay tnx i'll try, euhm it's on the pb website and i've got it on my computer but its in pdf format (adobe), and that images are really bad so i'll try to find the link okay?

sorry bro. cant help you right now i cant d/l anything like that from work. but when i get home ill be sure to help(if no one has given you a reply)hmm well first you have to find something were it talks about the jumpers for the processor clock speed from there you want to look at how its set up in your pc, find the location of the jumpers see what it says play with it a little it will either work or it wont just remember b4 you touch anything in the pc touch something metal to get ride of any static electricity you might not feal a shock but it could still destroy the pc. dont be afraid to move the jumpers it will either start the pc or it wont just move it back and try again maybe it will be o/c maybe it will be under clocked.:D

when u click on the mobo..from the second link
theres a list of things
click on jumpers
from there it will take u down to a picture
of the board...and where each jumpers are located..

first try and change the cpu clock
higher untill the sys becomes unstable
move it down
to where it is stable
and u have got an o/c'd cpu

what is your cpu freg. and multiplier set at now b/c according to that web site you can only upgrade to a 450 so you might be stuck:(

yeah i know my multiplier is set at x4 and the maximum is 5.5 so can i do anything with that? the bus speed is allready set to 100 it's maximum so that won't go any faster but can i do anything with that multiplier?

yup push her baby push her:D changing the multiplier increases speed go for it see what happens let us know your increase

o yeah make sure you touch something metal b4 you go in there
dont want you getting a broken pc

i can increase by 0.5 should i just do 0.5 at a time or more? and what am i increasing with that?

okay when you increase the mulitpier your are adjusting the frequency of the cpu like right now you are at 100x4 so that makes you 400 mhz when you adjust the settings it will adjust the speed so times 5 makes it 500 and so on, yes adjust it slow make sure its stable and consider buying fans for cooling(you'll need it):D

stupied ? you are doing this all with the pc off right. (not to be mean)

PHAT!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES THANKS!!!! YIPPIEE WOOWIEEE :d:d:d:d I LOVE YOU GUYS:d:d:d:d, but like i have another question the only thing that can happen is my cpu to run too hot, right? I have a cooler on it but that's just a standard cooler, is that good enough to put 50 mhz extra on? (right now it's at 4.0 but how can it be 450 mhz then?) and do you know where i can find a program where i can c how hot the cpu is? and what is the maximum heat?

as for programs for cpu temps im not sure depends on your bios if it has a thermostat or not, u may not need a fan being that its only 50mhz more it is what the machine is made for sometimes the use the same processor for there machines anyways and just adjust the multipier and charge you 100dollars more go figure huh but yeah if you want you can change your cpu fan if anything it will help plus make your pc more stable. if you can go up to 5.5 do it see how she runs.

o yeah your at 450 arent you then it must be 112.5x4 whatever just keep going up youll get it welcome to the o/c club:D if you can keep the case off untill you get a fan just dont touch it while its running but you should be okay.

Right thank you very mucht so now i'm gonna turn my computer off, touch myself some metal and get cracking..:D...well euhm i'll just switch it first to 4.5 and she how she goes from there, i'll keep in touch with you okay?

Yeah it works great:D like first i changed it to x4.5 but then it said it was running @ 400 mhz :confused: weird, but next i set it to x5 and now it runs @ the incredible speed of 500 mhz, hell yeah i'm good:D...just 15 years old..lol:p :D

congrats. dude glad to hear it all went well!!! if you ever have any ? this is the place to ask them:D

What i was wondering about, obviously the codes don't make any sense because first it was set to x4 and it ran @ 450 mhz, then i set it to x4.5 and it ran @ 400 mhz and now i have set it to x5 and it runs @ 500 mhz, you have any idea? and maybe i can try out other setting that would take it even higher?

Thanks again my dear friend:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back