CPU Clocking

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wufong, Jul 5, 2002.

1. wufong

wufong Guest

any suggestions for apps to help with CPU/FSB/Memory tweaking? Also for Temperature and speed monitoring....

I only know of 'Speed Fan'.:confused:

2. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

3. wufong

wufong Guest

I have a standard (not clocked) Mobo as in my sig

4. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

:( opps didnt even pay attention to that im @ work yeah give that program a shot it should help it will let you change the core frequency of your processor, just step it up a little at a time, make sure its stable and remember to use cooling get yourself a lot of fans. if the program dont work w/ your mobo, save up for a new one that allows o/c:D

5. wufong

wufong Guest

Tried the link, the download for softFSB hs been disabled - got a program called wcpuid which tells u current stats but doesn't let you tweak anything:(

6. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

yeah i sent a pm to the guy that has the program see if he know of anyother sited to d/l from ill post it as soon as he replies:)

7. wufong

wufong Guest

Hey vdub, I just realized what you're name meant, I just sold a Vw Scirocco Scala - It broke my heart to sell! ( Bit off topic I know- but I know you feel my pain man!):D

8. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

could u give me a direct link to the place to dload softFSB??? please

9. wufong

wufong Guest

vdub's on the case;)

10. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

u got ride of your vw shame on u;)

i could never get rid of my passat i love her to much

11. wufong

wufong Guest

Have to decorate house:D :D

12. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

13. wufong

wufong Guest

Bad news mobo not supported:( appreciate your efforts vdub

14. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

it dont got my mobo :mad:
    well
    time to get a job n start makin some $$$:rolleyes:

15. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

:( that sux, well just try to see if maybe they have a bios update for your mobo, but be very carefull!!! dangerous stuff messin w/ that, or just save up for either a msi or abit mobo i have msi and its verry easy to config for o/c ive heard abit is good and of course you cant forget asus.

16. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

i heard asus is the best o/c'er...is this true???

17. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

hmm honestly i couldnt tell you i have never used an asus board i know that they are well known alot of people recomend them and they do have good saftey features for o/c like auto shutdown if your cpu becomes to hot and there boards also come w/ helpfull o/c software e.g. cpu temps, fan speeds..etc., so i guess its all a matter of opinon i now that alot of the other o/c boards are starting to add similar features. so its a matter of how much your willing to spend, i like my msi board it does what i need it to and its stable.

18. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

Yo a few days ago i asked if someone could help me overclock my cpu, you can read my information below, and i allready know it's impossible to configure with software or via my bios, but i do know that i can configure it with the jumpers on my mobo, someone told me then to get a map of my mobo with all the jumpers on it, i have the map now but i still don't really know what to do with it, i have allready send that other guy a pm but he didn't respond so maybe some of you guys can help me with it?

19. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

post the map
    i've done some overclocking through jumpers b4:D

20. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

hmm well what is the highest frequency your mobo. supports? that will give you a sense of how high you can o/c your cpu, you then need to open your pc up and try to find the jumpers it refers to, and adjust as needed