Counter Strike Server IP Problem

S

Supplicium

I have my own cs server it is running AdminMod, CSguard 8.0, Chicken mod, and Statsme. Everthing is working fine but my server goes through the router and the server is using my routers ip address which is 192.168.1.101 . 192.168.1.101 is not my IP address. My friend says that i have to go to my linksys settings and forward my IP address... is that true??? if yes how do i do it and if no.. how do i fix it???
I need to get the server up to the public ASAP Thanks ~Sup

i have a linksys router too (good choice, btw)!

you'll need to access the router interface. you know, go to the addy field in your browser and enter 192.168.1.1 and then your password, if you have one.

once in the interface, you'll need to go to the advanced tab and select the port forwarding tab.

you'll need to enter the port(s) you'll be using for cs (prolly 27015 and maybe others) and then the ip of your server. click enable and then you're done!

btw, to find the ip of your machine, go to start button, programs, accessories, system tools, command window (dos window). at the prompt, enter ipconfig. this will give you the ip of your server. that's the number you'll want to enter into the router interface, as stated in the previous paragraph.

hope this helps.

if you have any problems setting it up, drop me an email...kokofragster@hotmail.com.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back