Counter-Strike Problem

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Predd, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Predd

Predd Guest

Hey guys I'm having a problem with Counter-Strike, I keep getting this message: "You can not connect to a server running a different protocol version" . I have no idea how to fix this either, i'm runnin version 1.3 and it still says it. Please Help Me
    ~Predd~

2. jking231

jking231 Guest

You need to update your version of half-life.

Go to http://www.fileplanet.com/ and download it. The latest version at the moment is 1108.

Jason

3. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

Best Idea would be unistall Half-life but save all your TFC/CS/HL config.cfg files, install HL, install 1.1.0.8 Patch, install CS 1.3 Patch.

If its retail check for fixes.

4. Predd

Predd Guest

So basically you want me to uninstall CS, but install Half-Life, do I really need to install Half-Life or is it just a wast of space? I don't mind if I have to I just want CS to work.
    ~Predd~

5. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

Well what I would do is uninstall Half-Life, then delete your Sierra Director, then install Half-Life, then Install the latest Half-life patch (1.1.0.8), then install Counter-Strike 1.3 (full)

If u cant be arsed doing all that, just use the Half-Life updater in the HL directory.

(if u didnt know CS is a mod for HL)

6. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

unless you have the retail version, in which case there is a latest patch for that, check counter-strike.net

7. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

LOL @ Fecked up retail product :D

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

You should just be able to install the HL update without reinstalling CS, as the HL update does not modify the Cstrike directory, as CS is still an "optional" mod ;)