Counter Strike Audio Question?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by SaintKaden, Aug 3, 2002.

1. SaintKaden

SaintKaden Guest

uhmm Whenever I play CS and I get kicked to my desktop for whatever reason, be it pressing the "Win Key" or Alt-tab. I loose all my audio in the game...

Is there any way that I can get it back without quiting and restarting? perhaps a command in the console?

any help is deeply appreciated

thank You!
  2. Bluecat

Bluecat Guest

Just go back to the game and then esc out of it, go back a few screens until the sound comes back (don't disconnect), and then resume your game.
    If you find yourself hitting the windows key too often, there's a small proggy out there called winkeykiller or some such thing you can run to disable that bugger. I personally just pull the win keys off the board. :)
  3. SaintKaden

SaintKaden Guest

that sounds like a solution, but I was hoping there was a command to fix this in the console

Thanx! ;)
  4. Bluecat

Bluecat Guest

None that I'm aware of :( This has been an issue for years and I've yet to see a "real" solution.
  5. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

Saint kaden dat has been a problem for me too. I get an IM or something, and when i come back i lose all sound. I know there's a command line to stop the sound. "stopsound" or something. it was on the DoD forums, but i'm not sure if there's a "startsound".
  6. Misfire

Misfire OSNN Addict

this is actually a bug. it will be fixed in the next patch.
  7. dijital

dijital Guest

hopefully, the bug has been in the game for who knows how long...