Could you recommend...

N

NixNix

Can any of you recommend a good sound card for an XP system? I am running an HP Pavilion xt938 with and AMD Athlon 1.3 GhZ, 128m RAM, 60 Gig HD. Christmas is around the corner and I need to think about what to give hints about...:D

sound blaster aduigy or aduigy 2
or of you want cheaper go for the live but you get what you pay for

just get an audigy or turtle beach santa cruz.. you don't need a top of the line sound card unless you have the cash and hardware (speakers)

Hercules Game Theater XP is nice and cheap, and pretty good quality too.

As sazar mentioned it all depends on what speakers you have and/or what speakers you are planning to buy. An audigy 2 platinum can't make a crap set of speakers sound any better than they actually are. But it can definitely make a good set of speakers realise their full potential, just consider this when buying.

I would have to agree with most of the above recommendations...Audigy. I have an Audigy Gamer and have had no problems and good sound performance from it.

Wow, thanks for all the responses! Audigy sounds pretty good (yech...), but does anyone have more info on the Turtle Beach SantaCruz? I mean hands-on experience.

TIA!

i've heard good things about the Phillips Sonic Edge 5.1 too. and it's only $50

I know that dell shipps its PCs with sana cruz sound cards. They seem to be a good cost performer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back