Could not locate "jdejghae.cmd" during start up

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mazspeed, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Mazspeed

Mazspeed OSNN Addict

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my compter. It's a small problem that I have had for a while, but now it's time to fix it. Every time I restart my computer I get that message, and then I hit "ok" and and the right side stuff appears such as the gagets and what not. How do I make this sign disapear? Thanks in advance

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

No hits on the usual sites that ID filenames. I would treat it as a malware infection and start the usual:

AV update
    On line scan by another AV product
    Spyware scans
    Hijack this scan and post the results

3. Mazspeed

Mazspeed OSNN Addict

Hey, thanks for the response.
    I did all of that and still nothing. This came about during the new install of Vista, a fact I should have stated before. I know it's not spyware or a virus, but it's something to do with what I may or may not have done during the install. Or at least I think.

4. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Like LeeJend said, looks to me like a spyware or virus file. I can't see microsoft using a file name like that that would used in the OS. I would try this, boot into safe mode, write down the full file path and name, copy it to a disk or flash drive, then delete it from your system and restart. The check if the file is still present, if it is then it is spyware/malware/adware/virus. If it is not and your don't see anything wrong with your system problem fixed.

I couldn't find any reference to that file name in the published file list, or on the install cd, so I am 99% sure it is not a valid system cmd file.

5. Mazspeed

Mazspeed OSNN Addict

Ok Ill try it. Thanks guys.

6. Mazspeed

Mazspeed OSNN Addict

Thank you guys very much. I was able to delete it in the reg and it worked. Thanks again

Mike

7. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Glad I could help