corrected version of the 811493 security update?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by carllark, May 29, 2003.

1. carllark

carllark Guest

Hi, I just went to windows update & I see there is a corrected version of the 811493 security update avalible As of 5/28/03 I just wondered if anyone has tried it & if this1 is safe to install or not.

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

i have installed it, but need to restart for the changes ... blablabla. so by tomorrow i will have more info

3. lion7718

lion7718 OSNN Addict

I installed it..no problems here...........

4. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

I will give it a week or so. See if any of you guys have a problem first!!! :D

5. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

No problems (yet)

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

No problems here either. You should be good to go :)

7. carllark

carllark Guest

THANKS EVERYONE

8. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

hmm... after update the 811493, i restart my machine then everytime when i boot to winxp, it keep reboot.... or error message keep appear

i keep restart my machine and the problem still occur... luckily i manage to uninstall the 811493 just now... hmm mayb 811493 onlt affect my system ;)

9. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

of coz not all this problem.... btw i did not have custom boot screen.... thats for sure...
    it happen after i apply that 811493.... then all things screw up....
    until i uninstall 811493 only it become normal again...

i cant think other soultion for the problem since last few days this pc work very well (and i had format this pc a while ago after install the new mobo)...! only have this problem after applying the update... but i will double sure.... if few days later no problem occur... i will apply again and see how it goes.... ;)