cordless mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AmarSingh, Apr 19, 2002.

1. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

gonna get a cordless mouman optical and i was just wondering how long batteries last on average for any type of wireless mouse.

2. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

No exact time really, depends on how good the batteries are. They last long enough that it's not a pain in the ass though.

3. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Shall we make a poll: Energizer vs. Duracell? :p ;)

Actually I wondered the same thing the other day. I ended up getting a "corded optical" instead. I think that was one of the best upgrades I've made. Optical rules!

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

my mouse batteries usually last about 3 months, but mine isnt optical so maybe 1.5 to 2 months

5. bmxjt

bmxjt Guest

i have a wireless mouse. It got to be a real pain in the ass tho. so i switched back to my corded mouse. :)

6. fitfella29

fitfella29 Guest

are cordless ones just as fast as corded ones for playing online games?

7. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

fitfella29, if you set everything up right, the only difference between playing online with a cordless mouse, and a corded one, is that you won't have to keep pulling the cord after it caught on the edge of the desk and got you killed.

NOTE: If you are prone to fits of rage during gameplay, and take it out on your computer peripheral's and HID's, a cordless mouse will cure this, as you will find that throwing the cordless mouse across the room is not worth the time it takes to find it, or the amount of worrying you will do once you calm down and realize you might have broken it.

8. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

fitfella, you can set a corded mouse to refresh at 3000 Hz, but a cordles is limited by the transmission frequency, but it is usually pretty good. Not much difference

9. sin21

sin21 Guest

i have this mouse it the battery hold for about a month maybe a little more i found that when u use usb instead of ps2 the battrey last more