Copy/Transfer Microsoft Outlook Message Rules

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by percy, Jun 15, 2006.

1. percy

percy OSNN Senior Addict

Hi. I am using Microsoft Outlook on my desktop and I am planning to transfer/copy the message rule to my notebook. Where can I find the file and is it possible? Thanks.

2. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

nice find bush dogg,
    but i like to add something for the lazy people (usualy me), so this is from that page

How to export and import rules
    You can back up your Rules Wizard Rules by exporting them for later use. To export your rules, follow these steps:
    1. On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard.
    2. Click Options.
    3. Click Export, and then specify the file name for your exported rules. The file uses the .rwz file name extension.
    To import previously defined rules, follow these steps: 1. On the Outlook Bar, click Inbox.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Click Import Rules.
    5. In the File Name box, type the path and the file name where the existing rules reside. By default, the rules are stored in a file that has an .rwz file name extension.
    6. Click Open.

4. percy

percy OSNN Senior Addict

Great. Thanks a lot. I did not know that it was that easy. I never checked the OPTION button. I was thinking that it's a file that is hidden somewhere under the Local Settings... :)

5. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

Thanks, That page has alot of useful info on it. I should have posted more myself but I had to run.