copy from cdrw to HD

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mafiafromrussia, Nov 1, 2002.

1. my friend has a problem copying files from cdrw cds to his HD. it's usually movies in .dat and .avi format. and it's not only him, i think other coputers have same problem. when the copying almost done when it says that 5 sec left. it gives some error " not valid 32 ... something" tryed in dvd and cdrw drives, same error. but it reads file from it just fine. i have win xp and burn with nero, he has home edition.

any ideas how to fix it?

2. so, any ideas?

3. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Can you try...

Can you try clone cd first just to make sure its not a nero problem,also is the latest firmware being used for drive?,is dma enabled?,and have updated nero?.

4. the firmware i think is ok. dma settings i'll check( should be on or off?) nero i should update already u are correct. and will check out that clone cd too.

5. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Also can you post the full detail of the error thrown up.
    Thanks.
    Dma should be on ultra dma...check in case its multi-word dma.

6. well i cant post the full name of it right now. will try to later today when i go my friend. but it's realy weird. why would it be able to read the files from cd, as watch movies. but cant copy it to HD?

7. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

all i can think of at the moment is somekind of copy protection on the discs (may be self made one)try clone as its good at copying problem discs

8. lol, a copy protection? dont know. i've been wondering though how can i do something like that for cds i'm burning, but with no luck. i dont know, i burn with nero most of the time with regular settings. and it worked fine before.

9. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

10. thanks a lot :) will check out all of those