Cooling needed or not

A

andre9540

i am purchasing a WD400BB @7200 40G and was wondering if a hard drive cooler is necessary and if they really work

on a liter note what is the best way to setup case fans i listed two possiblities

case

personally never seen the need for a hard drive cooler. I have three harddrives in my machine and the case temp is 26C

On case fans, I use one at bottom of the case in the front and one two thirds up just behind the cpu fan.

I've got two 80mm evercool silent fans sucking air from the front of my case, one at the bottom, and one directly infront of my harddrive rack.

Keeps my two D740X Maxtors nice and cool :D cas temp stays at 26c, ambient is usually 24-25c

a cooler for an HDD is totally inefficient but i really like it's design , and it's very cheap here ..

I think is ok not having the fan but it will better if you do.

7200rpm hard drive no need cooling my opinion. unless where u live is really hot.

10000+ rpm drives seriously consider some type of cooling.

i have 2 7200rpm drives but are cooled by the 2 lower intake fans on my case. no need for a harddrive cooler. unless you want peace of mind get one:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back