cooling fan inside my case

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dayle, Oct 22, 2002.

1. dayle

dayle Guest

i just opened up mu case today after 3 months and cleaned it throughly .i took off every part and cleaned it..

does anyone know if my cooling fans shold rotate clockwise or anticlockwise . facing the inside of my pc

please tell me which image should face inside my tower
  2. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

First thing - this thread should be moved to hardware right??

I reckon the fan should rotate so that it blows cool air into the box forcing the warmer air out of the vents. The actual direction of rotation will depend on which way the blades are set. But this should be easy to test.

If you think it's blowing the wrong way turn the fan around.

Reversing the polarity of the fan may turn the blades in the opposite direction but this could reduce the effciency of the fan or simply damage it electrically.

3. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Where is the fan location? If it is in the front of the case, it should blow in. If it is at the rear, it should blow out.
  4. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

This has been discussed already in another thread right? I recognize the pic.
  5. madmax1345

madmax1345 Guest

According to pic #2 the fan rotates anticlockwise.
  6. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

Ontario, Canada
    i like my test for fan rotation: power up the system with the fan plugged in but not mounted and feelt the friggin breeze... then point it where ever you want!
  7. dayle

dayle Guest

sorry guys i never knew this post made it through..ive put ip another thread cos i never knew this existed

ive already got suggestions and implemented them..too bad i cant delete this post

sorry once again
    thanks for all the responses anyways