CoolerMaster Aero 7 HeatSync

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RagnaroK, Jun 24, 2003.

1. RagnaroK

RagnaroK Must be dreaming...

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

yeah, i kind of have the same mentality as you and i was skeptical about the aero 7. but i've seen it mentioned a couple times and always being associated with high-end systems that are overclocked at lot of the times... so it's gotta be at least decent.

on top of that, that particular fan design is used a lot at my work where they need to keep test equipment cool.

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

it's no diffrent in reality to the x-dream temp wise, thats what my mate had running before his aero 7 arrived.
    we stuck the new aero+ on (not the aero) and the temps were the same.

only diffrence is it is doing this at 4500rpm instead of 5000 rpm that the x-dream ran. so if your looking for somthing quiet, then aero 7.

and the aero+ is a slower version of the aero, because the aero kept burning out.

(in other words i have no faith in this design, in heavy industry that design of fan is good, mainly as it resists blocking up)

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

It's too heavy for PC socket clip attachment and has a miserable moment arm to boot with that top heavy design. If you get it, don't move your case with it attached. I've seen cpu socket tabs sheared off.

It's good point is it doesn't have the dead air area over the die that the flat fans have. On the bright side it has close to the same cooling at 2700 as at 4600 which means running quiet in most applications unless you're into radical overclocking.

5. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Hmmm the reviews for it all seem good i currently have one of the coolermaster heatpipes (with the silent fan) and it just does not cool enough... So was looking at getting the aero

6. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

The Vantec Aeroflow is a better design in my own opinion

http://www.ocwarehouse.com/reviews/aero.htm

it's lighter, and shorter.

It's also uses a design that gets rid of the dead spot in the middle as well... it's probably quieter too.

7. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Lighter and good design yes.

Quieter? I doubt it at 5600 rpm. Any fan I've run over 5200 has been noisy and 4500-4800 is my prefered max speed.

Look at the volacno 9. You can run it at a reduced speed setting to keep the noise down.

8. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

38 dB is not that loud (the noise the Vantec Aeroflow) also it moves 35.5 CFM of air compared to the Aero 7's 26.9 CFM.

The magnetic tip fan is quieter than a traditional fan.

9. RagnaroK

RagnaroK Must be dreaming...

Woah! Serious? :eek:

Actually, I was considering the Vantec Aeroflow too, but this one looks... original! :D