cool virus

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Perris Calderon, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

this virus so cool, I almost want it....get this, your icons run away from you, as your mouse tries to catch them....then it renames the computer...ha...magistr

2. hah2k

hah2k Guest

What is the name of the virus ?

3. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

This virus is I-WORM.Magistr.b and variants, it is a REAL pain, the icons thing is disturbing as hell ! It is quite hard to remove this virus (I only managed to do it with Kaspersky's AntiViral ToolKit Pro, taking one full hour each time !).
    This virus is not cool DEALER !!! Some have seen disasters, hard drive formated and such...

BTW, NEVER promote a VIRUS ! No soul needs any virus !

4. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

I was working on this office's network and I saw this same virus...omg i nearly shit myself laughing!!!
    the boss was like...viruses aren't funny...wtf
    lol its the funniest thing i ever saw, some nOOb secretary trying to catch her icons lmao!!
    well there is a prog out there that looks for magistr on your system and deletes it. I just did a google search for it and found it. God that was funny

5. Perris Calderon

do you understand toungue in cheek?;)

6. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Virus's ARE NOT FUN, and any such ideas should be stopped, sending virus's is bad and can now get you in alot of trouble.

Pointless waste of a good programmer, if u ask me.

7. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

yea but this particular virus is NOT malignant, I agree that viruses are bad bad things. But you have to give the programmer of this one credit, this one IS funny as all hell =]

8. Perris Calderon

stuy, I'm not making myself clear to you, so, if you didn't get this, I try again...a personcan give info so it sticks, or just info, sometimes, my fasion is to give it a little humor, everyone knows viruses are baaad buggers, I don't, and you needn't remind anyone, of course, it's not bad to remind someone, that's not what I'm saying, just, you know, have some fun when you're relaying important info, and it'll stick

9. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Sorry I dont agree, any computer user who actively promotes and programs virus, no matter how disstructive, is in my opinion a bad user, and should get locked away for a very long time.

10. Perris Calderon

ha, you're using the wrong word...nobody here is promoting a virus, people here are informing other people about the virus...AND I KNOW YOU ARE NOT SUGGESTING THAT I SHOULDN'T LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT A VIRUS IN THE MOST EFFECTIVE FASION POSSIBLE, or are you? hmmmmmm

11. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

people are afraid of what they don't understand.

12. firehawk

firehawk OSNN Addict

I don't think he gets it Dealer.

13. Perris Calderon

I did try tho, didn't I...heaven knows, I did try.

14. firehawk

firehawk OSNN Addict

Yes you did.

15. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

There are two pranks... One is called avoider that does the same as that virus,,, makes the icons avoid the pointer,,, The other is fallingicon that makes them fall to the bottom of the screen...

I dl'd them ahwile ago to use on my father, along with some other pranks... I have an entire folder open to Grokster,,, Every So often someone dl's one,,, I hope they know what they are before they try running them...

They're harmless and most put an icon in the tray...

16. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

Hey MiseryQ could you e-mail me the names of those "pranks"? I know some peeps that are in dire need of a good scare =]
    djjavy@earthlink.net
    thanx