Converting .dat kazaa file into .avi

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Franky, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Franky

Franky Guest

Hey

Does anybody know of a app to decode a unfiniched divx from kazaa I'm downloading a movie but there seem's to bee a problem with it the mentioned relaese group haven't released it yet :p so i thought maybe I can fetch the avi and divfix it so I can make sure does anybody have any ideas ?

thnx in advance

2. theone1

theone1 Guest

just rename it to avi

3. Franky

Franky Guest

nope that doesn't work it containes a buch of error's when I try to recreate the index with dixfix

tnx for the reply

4. niabi

niabi Guest

Dude do you know what a .bat file is?

if not then i suggest you delete it :D

ok now for the real awnser, i don't think there is a WAY to convert a .bat to .avi since .bat(ch) files are not even in the same category and probably :)D) will not even have the same data.

nIabI

5. Franky

Franky Guest

sowwy wrong letter it should be .dat !

here's the filename download1027197933123100529.dat

Greetz Franky

6. niabi

niabi Guest

ohhh than changes a LOT

.dat are usually SVCDs you probably could see it just renamed it to .avi and see it on WMP i got no idea how to convert it to DIVX since i am not really into movie swaping :D

but it needs to finish the download

nIabI

7. Franky

Franky Guest

actually every file you download on kazaa is a .dat file while downloading kazaa convets or decode (wathever) it to the right file but I don't wqnt to download the whole file +/- 700 mb to find out it's not the right movie

Greetz

8. that xxx.dat file is a movie file that u r currently downloading right? and u want to take a look at it b4 u download the rest of it? if yes then u'll have to copy that file to another folder, then just rename xxx.dat > xxx.avi then use divxfix to rebuild index, make sure to check keep original and cut out bad parts, that will make u xxx.avi.divxfix where u just delete the .divxfix part and u can watch that movie. it can take some time to fix it though

9. Franky

Franky Guest

tnx man right on the spot

it's a good movie after all its something with Ben Stiller

Tnx mate's

10. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

if they are avi's.. .and only half downloaded.. they won't work... haven't got time to expalin.. or i would have :

e-mail me: mdsalih@xp-erience.org and i will send you a link for a program which will fix half downloaded avi's...

on the other hand if they are mpgs... just rename and they will work... half downloaded - whatever...

MdSalih

Post topic changed from 'Converting .bat kazaa file into .avi' to 'Converting .dat kazaa file into .avi' - s00per m00derating techniques...

11. Franky

Franky Guest

Tnx md. but I already know the answer normaly I do it with divfix if I haven't got all the rar's or to see the quality first but I didn't know I could do this to with divfix. It works great tnx

Franky

12. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Moved to Tips & Tweaks - s00per m00deration techniques...

MdSalih