Convert DVR-MS to DivX/XviD ???

Dennis T

OSNN Junior Addict
Just starting using Media Centre 2005. Am knocked out by its simplicity!!

Love the TV recording, but the files are MASSIVE!!!
Anyone come across a decent util to convert these files to DivX/XivD to save a disk space ??

Have tried all my "normal" stuff that I use for MPEG1/2/4 but nothing will read the files.. MS say they are "working with others" to make this possible.

BTW, the quality of the recordings (via WinTV DVB-T) is brilliant, but the size of those files............

I've never changed them into divx/xvid. But I have found 2 programs that use them. TO convert I use arcsoft showbiz 2, it will convert the dvr-ms file into a mpeg2 file when you import it, from there it should be a simple matter to convert to xvid/divx.

I have also found that you can intall the demo of intervideo WinDVD Creator 2 on a regular WINXP computer and it must install some sort of codec and that allows you to view the dvr-ms file in WMP and/or PowerDVD, possibly others but those are the only ones I have tried. I'm not sure if you can convert the files with other programs after installing WinDVD Creator 2 demo though, since I have always used arcsoft for that.

Apparently DVR-MS files are just MPEG2 files with a little extra and there is supposed to be an easy way to use them but I have yet to find it.

James

You're right about the codecs from DVD proggy's. It does use them. But for some reason they canotloadthem into "conversion" proggy's !!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back