control panel

I

iannn

hello m8,s,
can anyone help me i have got 2 entries in the add +remove program panel i have 2programmes that i have removed but the 2 entries are still in the panel how do i get rid of these entries.
cheers iannn.

that program costs money Sboulema!he/she won't pay to get rid of the 2 entries :p :D
use RegCleaner http://www.jv16.org/ the program has too many functions and it's free

run regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
delete.

thanks.

Posted by madmatt
run regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
delete.

thanks.
well, you know us Matt we can't tie our shoes without somebody's help :eek:

I meant nothing by my post, except for the only method not mentioned =\

sorry.

If you double-click on the entries in Add / Remove and try to uninstall the programs, you should receive a message saying the program could not be found and would you like to remove the entry from Add / Remove.

Wouldn't it be best to reinstall those programs then go to the add/remove & do it properly to get rid of registry settings etc?

Depends on the circumstances HD. Somtimes programs uninstall properly but ADD / REMOVE can't find the .inf file it's looking for, that's why MS added the feature to remove the entry. But in general, yes - there's certainly no harm in doing what you say as long as you install to the original location.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back