Control Panel???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by tinymonkey, Jul 7, 2002.

1. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

HELP!! My control panel doesnt work. When i click on a link on the first page, it will take me to several more links, but if I click on one of those links (I.E. display properties) it doesn't work?? ANYBODY??? :confused:

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

You might have to explain that a bit more. What happens when you open the control panel? What are the other 'links'?

3. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

I open control panel and get like Apperance and Themes, Network Internet Connections, Add or Remove Programs, and so on, and lets say i click on Apperance and Themes i get one more page witch has things such as Change the computer's theme, change the desktop backround, Choose a screensaver, and Change the screen resoultion, lets say i clcik on choose a screensaver i get nothing (i also get nothing if i click on display) and i get that with almost everything, there3 are several things i can open but most of it doesnt work.

4. Hey I had that problem....try using classic view, or right clicking on the "link" which i like to call an "icon" and click open.....hopes this helps...o yeah have you restarted lately? I think its funny...people make me come to there house cause something isn't workin and I restart it and it works.....strange eh?;)

5. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

yea i restarted about 10 hours ago, i tired classic view, and nothing, i tried open, nothing.........thanks but any other ideas??:confused:

6. Hipster Doofus

Just a guess. Are you logged on as Admin?

7. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

8. Hipster Doofus

If you have not made many changes you could try 'system restore'.

9. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

but i dont know when this all started :(

10. Hipster Doofus

OK out with the dumb questions. Can you get to 'display properties' right clicking on the desktop & choosing properties?

11. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

nope, tried a million times :(