Contract cancelled and I owe BIG money, help?

Everhart

OSNN Junior Addict
What happened takes place like this:

• Me and a friend got contract phones on same day
  • We used his address for both contracts so they are both in his name (so my bills etc. all go to his address but money comes out from my account)
  • Went fine for a while, money came out of my account each month as planned
  • Got to stage where didn't have the money for it
  • Found out my girlfriend's sister wanted a contract phone
  • I filled out a "Change of Ownership" form
  • Put my girlfriend's sister's bank details etc. on the form as the new owner
  • Sent away form and heard nothing back so paid couple of the further months on the contract although I was not using the phone at all
  • Gave my girlfriend's sister sim card so she could start using it
  • About three or four months passed and I got a text today from my friend whom my contract is under, and it said "Seems your contract has been cancelled. You or your friend [my girlfriend's sister] owes £389.32 to Vodafone"
I am really angry, confused and panicking a bit at the moment. I mean I sent the form and its been ages, I just assumed it all went smoothly and my girlfriends sister was getting charged and I would have nothing to do with it anymore.

Does anyone know what I should do? Any suggestions or advice VERY much appreciated.

Liam Brown

P.S. The contract is with Vodafone, and since I am being honest...I have no clue where the actual contract is (think it is in my house somewhere, but not seen it in a long time)

Thanks again!

Where you paying the bill between the period you got the letter and the time you originally changed the owner of the sim?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back