Constant "Not Responding" lag!

BlackScarletLove

I have Win 7 and recently I've been having a problem where programs, especially firefox and windows explorer, but many other programs too, are frequently greying out and showing the spinning disk with a (Not Responding) designation. This was happening so much I could not even type this message out, and since Win 7 seems to be unable to actually terminate processes like XP is so good at, I couldn't terminate any of these processes so after about 5 minutes of this I had to do a hard reset, and I ended up doing 4 hard resets because it kept happening, and i was just trying to write this post.

Then I went into safe mode and it was still happening, so now I am in my XP duel boot and it is nice and functional. I have done a Spybot and Malwarebytes scan with no results. What is going on, why has my computer basically ceased to function in my Win7 installation?

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

Processor
3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3470
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded

Board:
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H77M-D3H
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. F5 03/29/2012

RAM:
Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM0' has 8192 MB

Display:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 [Display adapter]
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (24.0"vis, s/n YCUYHVDZ702086, July 2010)

Audio:
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
VIA High Definition Audio

Just a few shots in the dark, but I see that your BIOS is the the version that came with your motherboard. The update after that states that it was for "Improve system compatibility" (whatever that might have fixed). I would also read up (check their official forums: Official GIGABYTE Forum - Index before updating something major like your BIOS).

BIOS

Also maybe check your driver versions against what is on the Gigabyte site (not sure if Windows Update would have newer/better or not).

Drivers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back