Connect an SNES controller to the computer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by simpat1zq, May 28, 2002.

1. simpat1zq

simpat1zq Guest

Does anyone know if there is a webpage that will show me schematics, and have drivers that will work with Windows XP, for connecting an SNES controller to my computer.

I did a search on Google, but most of the sites I found simply tried to blind me with their oh so bright colors.

2. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

would you mind if i asked you WHY do you want to do that?

3. IntArt

IntArt Guest

4. simpat1zq

simpat1zq Guest

I don't use my SNES, since I can just play the ROMs on my computer, and I don't have a controller for my computer and I'm bored, this way I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

5. niabi

niabi Guest

ntpad.com.ar are drivers for XP

nIabI

6. avsdotcom

avsdotcom Guest

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but its in the same kind of area, so what the hell. Check out ALLTECHBOX for a handy guide on connecting PSX pads to your pc, including drivers for dual shock pads !! Now if I only had a soldering iron...

7. simpat1zq

simpat1zq Guest

anyone have anything in English?
    Babelfishing these pages makes it confusing, and I don't want to screw it up.

8. avsdotcom

avsdotcom Guest

9. simpat1zq

simpat1zq Guest

avsdotcom, the link you gave me is for a Playstation controller, I'm looking for a guide to do this for a Super Nintendo Controller, which will have much different connectins, but thanks anyways.

10. avsdotcom

avsdotcom Guest

No probs - I know its not what you are after, but its still a handy little site if you know your way round a soldering iron :)

11. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

why bouther using a soldering iron when there are USB addapters that allow you to connect playstation , n64 pads to your Pc

12. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

WOW where can I buy 1 of them from

13. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

check out the small import shops if you have any in your town
    places like game and Eb wont stock them
    you could allways try and look in the back of Game mags
    I do know thease items exist because i used to 0wn the playstion to pc converter , it was a clear green one , i think gamester made it.

14. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Hey thanks for that I never knew they existed bit of a newbie to pc's - give up on trying to play ROMS with keyboard way to hard & I'm not right impressed with PC pads (prefer a simple cross hair pad) PS1 to my PC = perfect CHEERS ;)

15. IntArt

IntArt Guest

16. bytebandit00

bytebandit00 Guest

why need an snes controller when u can use the pc keyboard instead...;)

17. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

its just tooooooo hard

18. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

yeah, i simply don't play my emulated games cuz the keyboard is just annoying (imagine trying to play street fighter 2) and both pc controller pads i have just blow. i'm not going to go out and buy a 3rd when my ps2 controller would be absolutely perfect. especially for racing games since i lack a wheel.

if someone finds a link or two to places where a usb adapter can be bought, please post it here.