Confussed HardDrive Problem

As I said above, the third hdd should have it's jumper set to master (or cable select), and the DVD should be changed to slave.

lol Zedric, Thanx :D, ill hide away from Xp-erience tomorrow then :D.. lol

sorry Djwhite, i didnt see your reply before.. i must be getting blind with my age also.. Thank you for your help guys :).. most appreciated (thinks of another question to be buggy since its my birthday).. lol

It's not your birthday anymore by my clock... so look out!:D

Actually you can have the rest of the 17 minutes on the server clock. Aren't I nice:)

lol thank you... :).. thats very thoughtful of you even tho my time says i have 9hours 28mins left of my Birthday but sure.. 17mins is better than none :p

You are lucky to get that time, by my clock you're about 50 mins overdue:D

ok i gotta problem with it again :(... i managed to set up my Hard Drive to go on with the CD IDE cable and it all worked fine with my main hard drive on my other IDE cable.. but.. when i added my 3rd Hard drive onto my main harddrives IDE cable, my computer keeps restarting when it boots up. Ive set up the BIOS and it found all the harddrives and CDRom but after its detected them, where there is suposed to be the Windows XP loading screen, it just restarts again.. Whats wrong with it? :(:(:(

Only 4hours 32mins of my Birthday left... :(

Thank you for your help guys :)

Sincerly Alex :)

Sorry man, you're birthday is over. Can't help you.

Nah, just kidding. :)
Does the computer work ok if you unplug the disk again? If not you might want to try to do a repair installation of XP.

My computer works fine as soon as i take the harddrive off again :(.. I havent got a clue whats up with it considering the BIOS finds it perfectly :(.. Thanx for replyin Zedric, i thought everyone was abandoning me :(... :).. nice to see you back tho :D

Sincerly Alex

if you hook up a harddrive and then the computer fails to POST, it's probably something hopelessly wrong with the hd. it's got a short in it or something that's keeping your ide controller and board from functioning properly.

try the hd in another computer..?

I have and still am using it in another computer. Its my brothers secondary harddrive :p . thats whats so confusing about it. It works perfectly fine on his computer although he only has 2 harddrives on his system but it doesnt work on mine. It works on mine when my 3rd harddrive is taken out (my 2nd one which is on my CD IDE cable). Do you think thats the problem? Do you think i should set up the HardDrive IDE first then put a harddrive onto the CD IDE?:confused:

Sincerly Alex:(

Really strange... Can't think of anything at the moment. Sorry.

ok plzzzz lemme know if you think of anything because i really need ur help :D .. Thank you for everything :)

Sincerly Alex:D

Do you think it could be my DVD/CD Writer Combo Drive? Although thats in a completely different IDE Cable :(

*I put my second hard drive on my specs :D*

Move them around. Try different combinations. With or without the CD, and so on.

OK ill try that over the weekend and ill let you know how i got on.. Thank you Zedric :D

happy bd Alex_is_Axel:

you most likely need a 350wt power supply or better

you motherboard is not getting enough juice to complee the post and the video card is suffering

you might also make sure your not overclocking the motherboard as this will affect your situation

hope this helps

cheers
egghead

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back