Computer Upgrade - Finally

*grumble*

I thought it was coming Friday, but it's coming Saturday now. The FEDEX home delivery (vs. Ground Service), makes me anxious, they tend to be lazy and will probably leave a sticker and not even ring the bell.

I have to work until 6PM that day, but I am having Erica stay in all day and be on high alert :cool:

Woo, computer may come in today ;)

Hey - is it possible to extend a Dell Warranty after the original purchase?

They will send a renewal form towards the end of the warranty.

madmatt said:
They will send a renewal form towards the end of the warranty.
Awesome, thanks for the tip.

Computer is coming today *dances* :D

You won't need the warranty extension though, you'll be buying a new one in a year (or two at the max).

Now that you are an IT pro and have a great job it's important to stay ahead of the game. Especially if you bring work home like I do.

You'd think so (replacing every year or two), but with a marriage and a house coming down the pipe, that may not hold true to fact :)

Marriage - '07
House ' - 08 (hopefully)

Fine, throw your life away.

:p

It's the best decision I ever made actually, I'm a very happy guy :)

wwwdjrcs said:
You'd think so (replacing every year or two), but with a marriage and a house coming down the pipe, that may not hold true to fact :)

Marriage - '07
House ' - 08 (hopefully)

are you going to be one of them IT guys ( in like 3,4 years) with a 3 or 4 year old dell and has no idea of the new technology? haha :) i hope so, then ill sell you a computer. :)

celticfan11 said:
are you going to be one of them IT guys ( in like 3,4 years) with a 3 or 4 year old dell and has no idea of the new technology? haha :) i hope so, then ill sell you a computer. :)
I sure as heck hope not :(

DELIVERED!!!

My friend is going to pick them up, as they are in the office and the office closes at 5

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so excited :)

wwwdjrcs said:

Marriage - '07
House ' - 08 (hopefully)

You forgot something...
Unexpected kids '06, '07, '08
House 'indefinitely delayed
divorce '11, forget retirement, ever.

Treat that Dell good. It will be your last. ;)

I might even have an un-expected kid on the way now :s

shhhh!

I don't have a floppy on the new PC, and my XP disc can't find the SATA devices. I have to go and slipstream drivers now, what fun :D

How could you order a PC without a floppy knowing that Windows XP setup requires those drivers from a floppy! Bad planning man.

madmatt said:
How could you order a PC without a floppy knowing that Windows XP setup requires those drivers from a floppy! Bad planning man.
I bought it off eBay, that's how I got it so cheap.

I got the drivers onto my CD, wasn't an issue. Only cost me like 10 minutes, thanks to N-Lite and a pre-saved XPSP2.ISO :)

the guy probablly has other priorities - I sure hope so - and it is easily put right with a slpip or even fitting a floppy.... and I feel a little this forum need sto balance slightly towards real life sometimes - kids re the best thing can happen to anyone - life changes big time and you can grow and it is all good.... don't knock it if you do not know of it... as for retirement - who said that was anything to write home about - not in my life plans....

Just do not get me started on women - we all know you can't live with 'em and you can't kill 'em either :p

wwwdjrcs said:
Woo, computer may come in today ;)

Hey - is it possible to extend a Dell Warranty after the original purchase?

Extended warranties are always a sucker's bet.

Slipstreaming didn't work, but I may have been drinking while trying it, who knows :cool:

I'm gonna borrow a USB FDD from a buddy at work today, will re-try this evening.

I won't rest until it's done, I am NOT staying with XP Home :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back