Computer now getting "virtual machine stack overflow" message on start-up

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by Vanquished, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Hey everyone,
    My computer just started getting the error message "Virtual Machine Stack Overflow" when Log-in to windows. I run a custom machine on Windows 7 Ultimate on an MSI 890GXM-G65 board It seems that the problem started when I did one of these things?

• Installed another 5770 in CrossfireX
    • Installed a 950w PSU in place of a 600w PSU
    • Re-installed Catalyst Control Center (This reinstalling led to blue screens in the process mind you)
    • Might have tried to flash bios but the bios flashed stopped me before it did anything
    • Installed TDMaker (Maybe this is it?)
    • I don't think its this one because I don't think it happened this early but: Installed Microsoft Visual C++ X64 Redistributable - 10.0.310319 and two subsequent Visual C++ 2008 updates
    Just thought I'd give a summary of system changes around the time of the error message to see if someone has a clue about this annoying message :D
    Thanks!

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

what is tdmaker? Can we get a screen cap of the error itself?

3. Vanquished

Hey!
    Here is a screenshot.
    I also opened up task manager and it says the Application is Smalltalk/V and the process is settings.exe

I'm gonna try and remove TDmaker and see if thats it, It was a torrent maker thing.
    -Jack

Attached Files:

4. Vanquished

I uninstalled TDMaker and restarted. The message still popped up.

EDIT: I just went into MSConfig and disabled some programs, and I don't get the error anymore. I re-enabled CCC and i still don't get the error. Not sure what was causing it. There was one called ATI Customer Support that I left disabled might have been that one? Or maybe by disabling and re-enabling the programs it made something work right? I'll let you know if it comes back!
    Thanks,
    Jack

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011