Computer having problems

X

xinside

I installed wolfenstein today and installed the patch 1.41. and the game started going really really bad. like 4 fps. I was like wtf. so I went in console and typed in quit. Then it went to a black screen. I was like "erm" so I restarted my comp. It started up bt it took a little bit to start up. I tried the game again. did the same thing. restarted the comp. Now it just goes to a screen saying : "primary master hard disk fail, floppy disk(s) fail (40)" On the top of it. it detects my harddrive and my cdrom like always but on the bottom of the screen it says this. whats going on? what should I do? It was going fine ALL DAY today. Only thing I did was install wolfenstein and the official patch for it. I made sure all the wires were tight. even took out the wires and put them back in but it still does this. What is going on and how do I fix this problem?

Could it be that my motherboard just died? but I dont think it would detect the drives if it was the motherboard. please help.

Check the cables again especially the ones for the hard drive. See if it will boot with the xp cd inserted. If it does try doing a load of last know good configuration.

It doesnt do anything. goes back to the screen saying the errors. If it was my motherboard and it died on me would it still say what brand the harddrive and cdrom is? cause it says what brand it is and everything. so its being detected. it detects it then goes to the bottom of the screen and says "fail" what it said in my first post. I swear its the damn game and patch. the computer worked fine .. it worked good all day long. then i installed wolfenstein *store bought copy, not warez* then i did the official latest patch. I went in game and it was running bad.. so i went to console and typed quit to quit the game. then the comp was going slow. I restarted it took longer time to boot up but it did.. i tried the game again.. same thing.. went to quit.. black screen.. restarted again.. then gave me them errors

When I go into bios it shows the HD and CDrom and floppy... but it says my harddrive is 41111MB and its only a 30GB harddrive. The motherboard on this comp is only 1 week old!!!

ok well i hooked up my old harddrive and it works im on it now so it isnt my motherboard. but my floppy still says fail (40) or whatever.. so i guess im getting a new floppy tomorrow. but what could have happened to my stuff? my floppy and HD both messed up.. something happened to the IDE connections?

positive .. this is my only suggestion , check IDE cables ..

A controler on it burnt out. We were sold a faulty HD. but they replaced it for free and now its all up and running. Imma paranoid little freak so I bought a HD fan lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back