computer doesnt load after adaware 6

P

PlagueWielder

Hey

My brother installed i-Mesh on the computer and once I saw it I immidetly (sp?) ran Adaware 6 and removed everything it found. When it was done it gave me a message that not everything was deleted and that I had to restart my computer and run adaware again. So I restarted the comp and ran adaware again and it was fine. Then I restarted again and when I logged on with my account I got a message from NAV 2003 saying that the TCP/IP protocol is not installed. Then I went to the add/remove windows components and checked the TCP/IP box and installed it - during the installation it gave me an error that said that the service didnt start in time. Restarted again. I got the same message but now after I click OK everything is frozen and I cant click on anything.

Any ideas what caused this and how I can fix it???

Should I start up in safe mode and do a system restore??

Thanks a lot in advance

System Restore would be the fastest way to fix it.

Other than that it would help to know which service failed so your event logs would be nice to see, but u will have to go into safe mode for that.

Do the restore it should have made a restore point before installing Imesh, if that does not work post the errors from the system section relating to service control manager.

I dont have adwatch turned on as I read that a lot of people had problems with it.

I cant really tell u which service failed to load as it didnt say it and I cant get into windows.

Ill give the system restore a go tomorrow and let u know how it went.

Thanks

Hey

I tried doing system restore through safe mode but everytime it told me that the restore could not be complete (I tried different dates also).

I went into event viewer and exported the Application list and the System list into txt files which I added here.

Does anyone know whats going on??

Thanks

here is the second file as it only let me add one file.

thanks again

You dont need to do the system restore thru safemode...do it from windows...pick the restore date...then it will reboot

u should have read my first post cause I said that after I start windows I get an error that said TCP/IP not installed and then the computer just freezes.

I went to the lavasoft forum and posted the problem and also noticed that a lot of othe people are having the same problem as me. Someone there posted a fix, Ill try it and tell you if it solved the problem.

thanks to everyone who helped but the people at lavasoftsupport helped me to solve the problem.

Care to pass the fix on in case it might help someone else in the future???

Originally posted by SmokingWeed3000
thanks to everyone who helped but the people at lavasoftsupport helped me to solve the problem.

Yes would be nice if you could let us know how you got around this ;)

Share and Share alike

no prob, you have to extract it to a folder and run the .bat file and then restart.

note: if it doesnt work for you, go to the site that Dealer mentioned and look there cause they have more solutions.

note 2: i changed the file from exe to zip so Ill be able to post it so if it doesnt work just change it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back