Computer boots when mouse is moved.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by brocher, Aug 19, 2002.

1. brocher

brocher Moderator

This isn't a big problem, but a nuisance . If i shutdown pc in the normal manner(start/shutdown/shutdown).the pc shutsdown as normal. All lights go out and the pc powers down. But if i then move the mouse( which still has power to it) or click the mouse the pc automatically powers up and boots up.I have not got the APS tab in the display settings.Anyone came across this problem before and is there a fix/patch for it.

2. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

sounds like a "power on with ....." issue in the motherboard BIOS.. I had an Asus board that would allow me to power on by hitting the spacebar on my keyboard.. sounds like something similar.. check with Gigabyte for any BIOS updates that address this problem..

3. shoulin

shoulin OSNN Addict

ya, Ctl + F1 powers on mine... two keys makes it better

4. brocher

brocher Moderator

The motherboard is brand new as is the system.Is there a setting in the BIOS that i can change to correct this problem?

5. Malius

Malius Guest

Friend of mine just got a gigabyte board and yes this is a bios issue. There is a simple setting in the bios that allows you to disable this options, but i do not know what it is offhand.

Just look in the manual and it will tell you what you need to know.

6. joshuajme

joshuajme Guest

wtf? Why is this a problem? Sounds like a cool little trick and could be nifty in certain circumstances, why get rid of it?

7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

haha, maybe he has a cat? mine would never be off! }:p

8. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Good joke Taurus !

9. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

The option should be in the Power Management section of the bios or whatever it is called.

10. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

It's usually under the *Power Management* section of the BIOS.

Then under *Wake Up Events*.

Your MoBo Manual should explain how to enable or disable any of the functions of the *Power Management* and *Wake Up Events*.

11. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

when you start your computer ... press the "delete" buttom untill you get into dos... configura it there.. I am sure you will find it.

12. shoulin

shoulin OSNN Addict

by dos he means BIOS