Computer boots when mouse is moved.

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
This isn't a big problem, but a nuisance . If i shutdown pc in the normal manner(start/shutdown/shutdown).the pc shutsdown as normal. All lights go out and the pc powers down. But if i then move the mouse( which still has power to it) or click the mouse the pc automatically powers up and boots up.I have not got the APS tab in the display settings.Anyone came across this problem before and is there a fix/patch for it.

sounds like a "power on with ....." issue in the motherboard BIOS.. I had an Asus board that would allow me to power on by hitting the spacebar on my keyboard.. sounds like something similar.. check with Gigabyte for any BIOS updates that address this problem..

The motherboard is brand new as is the system.Is there a setting in the BIOS that i can change to correct this problem?

Friend of mine just got a gigabyte board and yes this is a bios issue. There is a simple setting in the bios that allows you to disable this options, but i do not know what it is offhand.

Just look in the manual and it will tell you what you need to know.

wtf? Why is this a problem? Sounds like a cool little trick and could be nifty in certain circumstances, why get rid of it?

haha, maybe he has a cat? mine would never be off! }:p

The option should be in the Power Management section of the bios or whatever it is called.

It's usually under the *Power Management* section of the BIOS.

Then under *Wake Up Events*.

Your MoBo Manual should explain how to enable or disable any of the functions of the *Power Management* and *Wake Up Events*.

when you start your computer ... press the "delete" buttom untill you get into dos... configura it there.. I am sure you will find it.

Originally posted by paul_43
when you start your computer ... press the "delete" buttom untill you get into dos... configura it there.. I am sure you will find it.

by dos he means BIOS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back