Complete email software

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Dirk Diggler, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Guest

Hi all,
    just wondering if there's a piece of software out there that will collect all my emails from all my email boxes. I have emails on AOL, MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo, BTInternet, and ICQ.
    Its a right royal pain in the butt going to each of them, it would be much better if they came to me.
    ;)
    T.I.A.
    Dirk

2. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Outlooks Express can be configured to check hotmail.

If those email companies support smtp, then you can add those to Outlook Express as well, or any other email program.

Why not cancel some of the ones you don't need?

3. Kevin Ar18

BTW, I guess telling you to cancel some of those email accounts is not a good answer. I apologize for that. ... Sorry.

I suppose it's technically possible for some kind of program to do what you want (though it would be very difficult), but I don't know if it's ever been made.

Hotmail and many online email checkers do not use regular SMTP like you get when you get email with your Internet Service Provider. This prevents you from checking email in the normal email programs like Outlook Express.

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Web2Pop might be worth a look.

5. Kevin Ar18

Good link Hipster Doofus, that looks exactly like what he needed. It also interesting to know that something like this is available.

I did a check on this page:
    http://www.jmasoftware.com/english/products/web2pop/search.asp?Search=btinternet
    and they support AOL, MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo, and ICQ.
    They were not familiar with BTInternet, however if BTInternet uses regular POP3, then it would work as well.

6. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Guest

Nice link Hipster and thanks for the info Kevin.
    I can't get it to work, so looking simple and being simple are two different things :(

7. sboulema

sboulema Moderator