Compatability

toretto

Mentally Absent
Here are the specs:

Intel D875PBZLK
Intel P4 3.2 Ghtz Extreme Edition
Ati Radeon 9600XT
2 Western Digital Sata Raptor Drives (Striped)
Plextor 8x DVD Burner
Sony 52x cd-rom
Sony FDD

My question is, do you think i could run windows 98 on this thing? I'd like to dual boot into 98se on occasion. wonder, if by the spec any of you knew any incompatabilities.

If it is OK then to make it easy you will have to load 98 first then xp.

You can load 98 second but it takes some messing around to get it all working.

i plan on wiping the system and then putting windows 98 on, then xp.

Set your partitions first, load 98, then xp can be loaded to the next partion without any hassles.

SATA and DVD will be the highest risk items. The rest should run ok.

I'm suprised no-one has smacked ya at the thought of installing Windows 98 onto a computer with a $1500 CPU! :eek: :confused:
Damnit the Extreme Edition deserves Windows XP or possibly Linux, nothing less!
Well I suppose it could be worse (considers Windows ME ;))

lol just thought I'd add some humour to the thread

haha patrick. windows 98 se is only going to be installed so that i may run the old program CASmate PRO 5.62. for some reason it doesnt like to run under xp. other than that it will be booted in xp.

Just wondering...have you tried running it under Win98 compatibility mode in XP?

toretto said:
haha patrick. windows 98 se is only going to be installed so that i may run the old program CASmate PRO 5.62. for some reason it doesnt like to run under xp. other than that it will be booted in xp.
Must be one heck of a program. :p I take it the program wouldn't run in compatibility mode under XP?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back