Compaq Pesario X1000

Black-Syth

Comalies
Hello, I've got some laptop issues with the following laptop.

1.3Ghz Centrino
512MB RAM
60GB HD
ATi MRadeon 9200 32MB
Yada Yada

So, I was sitting around one day playing solitaire, and suddenly, the PC just turned off. "Weird." I said to myself. When I turned it back on, it didn't boot. It came to this "COMPAQ" Screen with a little caption that says "Press F10 to Enter Setup" At this screen, which is nothing out of the ordinary, it then begins to give me trouble. It just... locks up. I can hit F10, and it'll freeze at ENTERING SETUP. I can still restart it by hitting ctrl + alt + delete, and I can use a USB keyboard to hit F10, and restart. I took it in to repair, and they said they won't fix it because of water damage. This is impossible considering the fact that I respect the items I spend money on, and there is no way it was even near any form of liquid nourishment. Now, I also thought that if there was any water damage on a computer, then it wouldn't turn on at all, correct? Either way, any ideas?

they are trying to scam u i think, be like i know there is no water in it, unless u gave it to me that way, so shut the **** up, also then i also might think its overheating, btw where are u trying to fix this, at compaq themselves?

It sounds like your cmos bios chip has been erased..

this would explain why they won't fix it because they can't. they have to replace the motherboard.

if you can get past the bios setup and get to the windows operating menu than it is not the cmos.

if you can't and it tells you to press (?) to enter setup and it freezes or produces a black screen you will need a cmos chip.
you should however, check the fan to make sure your cpu is not overheating. btw.. you cannot update the bios if the computer will not let you get to a boot screen for floppy acces..

good luck

update
laptops can short if they have been left in the car etc... in cold temperatures. (dew enters the picture here)

taking it on the bus can even cause it if the temp is right.

themafia_69 said:
they are trying to scam u i think, be like i know there is no water in it, unless u gave it to me that way, so shut the **** up, also then i also might think its overheating, btw where are u trying to fix this, at compaq themselves?

Where I purchased it, Best Buy.

Update!

I reinstalled Windows XP Pro on it, but it still locks up upon startup. I can bypass the screen by hitting F1, and it goes into Windows. Any ideas?

Update!

I can bypass the ENTERING SETUP screen by hitting F1, as well, and that takes me into BIOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back