Compaq iPaq 3630 with Pocket PC 2000 question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Glaanieboy, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I just got my hands on a Compaq iPaq 3630 with only a cradle and protective leather case. I downloaded the manual from the HP site, but there is no answer to my question:
    When I open up a program like Windows Media Player, I don't see a close button. Some apps on the PDA have it, some apps don't. Let's take WMP as an example. As I said, I don't see a close button, and I need to force it to close by go to the memory options, and manually remove it from there. I don't think that's the way Microsoft has intended it, so did I miss an option? Another query: In 'normal' Windows (for desktops) you can use Alt+Tab to switch between running programs, is there any shortcut/key for PPC2000 that can do just that?

I am a newbie PDA user, so don't burn me off (yet)

2. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

hmm....thats weird, all PPC programs have a little "X" on the top right of the screen which minimizes them. to close them...im not sure. i know that there's some part in PPC 2000 where u can end apps. try to get our hands on the iPaq version of Pocket PC 2002, its much better and u can close apps much easier

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Should just be in the top right.

[​IMG]

4. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Can I just download it or do I have to use *cough* unofficial *cough* channels for that? Oh and would my 206 Mhz Strongarm, 32MB PDA handle PPC2002?

5. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

It looks like the 2002 version of PPC. The theme looks different, as does Windows Media Player.

6. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

ahem...different channels would probably help, but i dont encourage that! :rolleyes:
    u can always buy one...theyre probably really cheap now since PPC 2003 is out and 2003 SE is just around the corner

7. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Hmm, thanks. BTW, here's a screenie (made with my webcam :rolleyes: ) of WMP in action.

Attached Files:

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Good! ;)

Besides, if you want free, just put linux on it: http://www.ipaqlinux.com/ :)