Communication trouble with Sony CRX140e

O

Oskar

Hey i have a Sony CRX140e: I use nero to burn cd's and ever since ive XP on i have a communication failure with my CD burner.

Ive tried : Turning off the IMAPI in the administator services
Updating Nero.. .got the XP compatible version
DAO DAO96 TAO SAO
Updating all the PAtches for windows including the CD burning patch

Ive burnt a few CD's on Win XP but now it doesnt burn at all

Ive run out of ideas HELP!!!

try moving the burner to a different ide controller IE. Primary to secondary and try changing it's slave/master status...if that still doesn't work you might wanna try and see if the burner works in another comp..it's possible it has gone bad.

ok ive tried switching the CD burner to primary from secondary and it still has a communiction error however i did put it another computer with win2kpro and it worked flawlessly...

its now back in mine... but sometimes the burner works with DAO96 but not at all with DAO and SAO and TAO.

oh yeah the burner worked on computer with windows 2000 pro flawlessly before i put XP on

hmm odd..just for shits and giggles have you tried installing aspi to see if that makes any difference? and checked if there are any firmware updates for your drive?

Ive downloaded new firmware for the sony 1.0s

i was 1.0c

tried aspi

still no luck

it is definately XP related perhaps if anyone can tell me all the prossible burning applications or services that come with windows XP i can turn them off and just try it with nero

thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back