Columbine 5 years later.....The Answer is still the same.

Geffy said:
I still fail to understand the americans principal on guns for the masses after events like this have happened

I was having a conversation with my girlfriend and her friend about this once when "Bowling for Columbine" was shown on British TV a while back. It's quite hard for brits to understand how a couple of kids can take up arms against their compatriots, but it's a valid expression in the US. (Trust me, I am getting to a point).
In the UK, if someone is slagging you off at school you punch them in the face, or more likely, go and get drunk and punch them in the face, or possibly even more likely, run off and pretend it didnt happen ;) Making guns available and indeed mainstream challenges people to use them to express feelings. Violent games and "dark" music are certainly valid expressions of less happy moods, but why make REAL guns a valid expression too?

In short, I agree with teh Geffy

falconguard said:
so we should come up with a genetic blot test for all parents? OMFG that is too funny , sorry you lower the IQ pool, no kids for you!
Based on research with the "Non-Technical Distribution of happiness", having a higher IQ in the population could very well be a bad thing.

The best thing to develop good communication is to have community projects and increased awareness, a little prayer doesn't hurt either. Although these bloody games and movies are far from our idea of prayer, they are most certainly a form of self expression and release for the masses, who have lost their spiritual sides or at least the morals behind them. Mocked church goers, who mouth the words of God, religious fanatics I won't name here negating going off topic, are just the other side to the coin, taking their principles and casting them in stone, never questioning, never asking, and never growing. Our bodies only stop growing when we are sick or dead, what does that tell you?

Perhaps lobotomy class could take on a whole new meaning, after all ignorance is bliss right?

You know, I would love to say blame the parents and a part of me still does, but I also have to blame society. Our society has caused this saddly. How?, you ask. Simple thing called disipline no longer exists. You can't punish your children for doing wrong. You can't spank your kids without risking being thrown in jail for child abuse. And for those of you who say spanking is not the answer, BS! Look at the generations that grew up with spankings, you don't see them pulling this kinda crap. Why, because we knew it was wrong and the thought of a spanking was more than enough encourgement to keep our noses clean.

Parents are basically helpless against a difficult child.

rjnk tiu freabo, comolerely argeeeee

soooooooooo frbk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back