Collage Software

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi I'm looking for some good collage software. I want about 600 photos to be automatically shrunk and made into a collage (so it can fit good on A3) size.

I don't want to do it on photoshop it would take for ever. I tried searching on google and tried that photomix but it can't cope with 600 photos lol.

If you got any free suggestions please say, thanks :)

I have never found any good programs to do this. I myself have always used photoshop, but that's what I do. I did a new search for these programs and can't find anything. I think your out of luck. Use Photomix or photoshop.

Ahhh all them layers will be a nightmare. Also what’s a good size to shrink them down to? Good job I have a batch image resize software.

I have had problems with that program before. Might have been the build but yea.

technokid88 said:

Just what I want it works great

BUT I CANT believe I have to pay to make a godam collage, its an awesome program but I'm a skint student and only want to make one collage. This does my head in.

Hmm 600 pictures? On A3 paper that measn each one will be about 0.6"x0.6". They are going to be illegible. Even if you only use 200 pictures they will still only be 1 inch square which means about all you'll be able to recognize is face portrait. Which will work ok if this is a yearbook project. But 600? Ain't gonna happen.

The free trial watermarks it when you export, and Leejend the software managed it fine, it did make the images really small but it looked cool just how I wanted it.

Google Picasa or Irfanview won't do it? Not that I've looked, but they're small programs to download and a good place to start.

I do know that Paint Shop Pro (or whatever it's called now) has batch conversion that serves that function.

Might try the TBYB version of Photoslate, it comes with ACDSee. You can create the layout with the dimensions for each image you need to fit 600 on the A3 size. When you select the images, it will auto populate (or you can choose where each picture goes) and auto shrink the images to fit the tiny dimensions. Also, you save the collage as a single pic. IIRC, the TBYB version of ACDSee is a full version with a time limit.

A company called Galleria software makes a very easy to use "Collage Maker 2" that I have used many times. They offer a free trial without watermarks.

Actually Photoshop can reduce a whole batch of photos very easily using the Contact Sheet function. If you go down the File menu it's under Automate. You can dictate the size of the page you want, number of images per page and resolution. If you have them all in one folder, it will create as many "contact sheets" as needed to use all of the images.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back