colin powell gone?

perris said:
I can't wait to read his book...you know he strongly urged against a war on a second front

Bush ignored that advice...and here we are today
Powell has been quoted as saying there will be no book by himself.

Yeah Bush didn't listen to much to anything Powell had to say. Basically everything they did they did against Powell's suggestion (ie. attack Iraq w/out a plan, let Korea get nukes, ect.). They totally took Iraq out of his hands and gave it to someone else that would run it they wanted (reckless). Looking at the situation it's no wonder he is resigning, due to his stance of keeping the world stable he doesn't fit in the "war machine" very well.

Powell's a great guy on all accounts as far as I can tell, wicked smart and bent (like you said) on keeping the world stable. Unfortunate that he was greatly discredited because of his comments on Iraq's possesion of WMD's. (Which I've heard was largely due to poor intelligence reports given to him) I would have liked to see him in the future in some facet of government, he's an asset not easily lost.

perris said:
powell made it clear a long time ago he was leaving after one term...this is his choice, not the presidents

rice is a terrible candidate for this position and any position

or did everyone forget that this women had the nerve to tell us "nobody could imagine an airliner could be used as a missle"

speaking on the presidents behalf and the inteligence comunity's behalf, she had the nerve to say something as rediculous as that!!!

this in the face of information that told her specificaly bin laden would be highjacking comercial airlines and using them as weapons with politcal and financial structures as the targets.

like a retard couldn't figure out an airliner is a missile

wow

she is also the same person that had the nerve to get front of Americans and tell us that the precise warning whcih told is an attack on our soil was sure to come was a "historical document"

this in spite of the fact that the two aids that wrote the warning told this president that this was a current threat of the highest regard, NOT historical

how she even remains in public office is a credit to the wealthy owned media that gives her a free pass, and protects everything associated with this president

do people remember this?...the entire defense community's "hair is on fire" as never before in their experience, and she makes beleive the intel was "historical"

now she gets a promotion...this gets better and better
Amen brother, I can stand Condaleeza Rice (or however you spell it)

Zarband said:
. Unfortunate that he (Powell) was greatly discredited because of his comments on Iraq's possession of WMD's. (Which I've heard was largely due to poor intelligence reports given to him)

Powell sold out here zarband

he was told by intelligence that there were no weapons...he was told long before he made his presentation that the tubes he was using as evidence couldn't be used for the case he was making

he was told all of this...he was told that Saddam was impotent and a non threat...long before he made the case in front of the UN

this is reported under sworn testimony of bush advisor's and aids

he even admitted that the reason he didn't produce those "aluminum tubes of mass destruction" was because he knew it was and I quote here;

"the weakest part of the pitch"

so I lost respect for him when I see he was just letting the puppeteer pull his strings...I thought he had integrity, I found out he lost it under pressure this administration put on him to start this rediculous war

didnt powel hint at quiting before?
yes jimi, powell started hinting at leaving the office when this president started war that he advised against

jimi_81 said:
didnt powel hint at quiting before?
Yea he did jimi. He never made it a secret that he was only going to serve for one term. I think there may have been some hint that he was considering serving longer, but it was never anything more than rumor

Ahh, ok perris, see i didn't hear that part, maybe partly because it didn't matter to me. By that I mean that I know things are completely f^#5ed in washington right now, and who did what or he said that she said doesn't much matter to me, just that we need to fix it. Agreed?

I know this is when he started saying he was going to leave...according to what he's saying now, he was planning on making this a one term office in the first place

I don't know if that's true or not

well Condi Rice has now officially been nominated by bush for the SoS spot. I think I'm gonna be sick :(

Yeah it's sad that Powell was pushed to make the Iraq report and that given orders caved. If it wasn't for this I would surely think he would make leader material as he seems to have reason and respect for diplomacy that has been greatly lacking with the current admininstration. Who knows .. Powell in '08?

*edit* - Oh and I don't like Rice at all. But I suppose you keep your friends close and your enemys closer right? :p

lol! I can only hope that's why Rice got the nomination for SoS....and i concurr that thought on Powell '08, too bad we'll never see him in politics again bro. :( Always disturbing to see a good person take a hit like that, his integrity will forever be in question.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back