Coldplay's New Album (Launch Date Inside!)

My favs from the album. They are pretty good. :)

1. White Shadow
2. Talk
3. Twisted Logic
4. Square One
5. What If

Have only heard Talk so far. Very nice.
Guess I'll just wait for the official release on the 7th. :)

NetRyder said:
Have only heard Talk so far. Very nice.
Guess I'll just wait for the official release on the 7th. :)

The old one, right? They completely changed it in this album. :)

damn, what an idiot (me). I let life's trials and tribulations dictate my attitude. I had no business posting like some damn music critic, of which i'm far from qualified. I've been hearing more of Coldplay - they're ok - not something I would have to change stations or put a cd in. They do remind me of some late 80's pop band though

Don't worry about it, you don't have to be a big fan! :)

Purchased X&Y during lunch today! Listening to it now and enjoying it! More later! :D

What do you guys think of the new version of Talk? I think it's better than the previous one. :)

~bk said:
What do you guys think of the new version of Talk? I think it's better than the previous one. :)
I think I preferred the previous version. I do like certain parts in the new one better though, but I thought the old one just seemed to flow more naturally. Maybe I need to listen to the new one some more, but that's what I think so far.

Got my CD today. **** the copy control, but I did get a nice poster with it :p

After listening to it about 10-15 times, I can say this album is just as good as their last effort with A Rush of Blood to the Head. However, this isn't the "masterpiece" that every other review seems to call.

This album has many layers to it, which wasn't found in the last two albums. This is a superior album instrumentally, however I feel the lyrics get lost this time around. They seem to have lost some of the simple honesty, and that what made my really like Coldplay in the first place. This album doesn't have that raw emotion. A couple tracks such as "Low" and "A Message" are dissapointing.

Square One, Fix You, What If, White Shadows, Talk, Speed of Sound are all amazing tracks. Fix You is the best song on the whole album I think.

It is however still a bloody brilliant album, but I feel Coldplay's best is yet to come.

8/10

I actually like Low and A Message after listening to them a few times :). Til Kingdom Come is, in my opinion, somewhat disappointing. Talk is actually pretty good. Many people have said that they liked the previous version better. However, after listening to it a few more times, I find it more interesting than the original one. Fix You is indeed a great track, same with What If, Square One, and White Shadow. This album really sounds different from Coldplay's previous two, Speed of Sound being the only exception.

I think it is a good album all in all.

4/5 OSNN Stars from me.

hsn said:
Til Kingdom Come is, in my opinion, somewhat disappointing.

No way dude. Til Kingdom Come is a great song, because it's the only one that has any hint of the simplicity of Coldplay's past albums. It's pretty much completely acoustic, and that's why I like it.

Grandmaster said:
No way dude. Til Kingdom Come is a great song, because it's the only one that has any hint of the simplicity of Coldplay's past albums. It's pretty much completely acoustic, and that's why I like it.

I think the same can be said for A Message. :) :p

watching live leak right now on mtv

I really like coldplay. Going to be sad that this is their last album.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back