codecs

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by daz, May 15, 2002.

1. daz

daz Guest

could some please tell me where to get the latest codecs from i am having bother playing an avi i am running xp pro
    thanks
    DAZ:)

2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Yes , this is an option , Divx 5.0 pro comes with a player called Divx Player 2.0 but that's alpha

3. i just use winamp to watch movies. it's the best one i think

4. hey daz you could also try to get this off edonkey, **tp://sharereactor.com/download.php?id=36901
    it includes all latest codecs

5. daz

daz Guest

Cheers all for your help im on with it now
    daz:D

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Zoom Player is the greatest media player out, I have used it for oever a year and waddy just started using it the other day after telling me how geat e thought it was ;)

7. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

wtf i thought i was the only DAZ(Z)

8. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

nickname steeler!!1

ahhh

9. pegusus

pegusus Guest

id recommend not to use divx 5.0

hey divx 5.0 supposedly has spyware and such in it. im sure u can get rid of it :)

but u should try sites like divx digest

it has many codecs and your best bet is to use divx 3 and 4 because not many videos are encoded using 5 at the moment... so i hear

your local haXXor, pegusus

10. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

So far i've had no problem with divx 5, although some have experienced problems when trying to encode with it.

as for spyware, that is only if you get divx 5 pro.

11. daz

daz Guest

Thanks chaps for all your advise btw who is this dazzzzzz
    lol
    daz:D

12. robin.munro

robin.munro Guest

13. oxy

oxy Guest

I would strongly recommend not to get DIVX 5.0. It seems to be very unstable. And, when installing, if you have any illegal codecs, it corrupts them. I've noticed that when watching movies that are compressed using certain methods, you can see the actual separations in the layering in the movie, which makes it really hard to pay attention to the movie and not the flickering. I uninstalled 5 and put in 4 again. I couldnt be happier.