CMOS Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Agurri, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Agurri

Agurri I am what I am

Hello guys,

I have been building up a computer for me and I'm going thru a problem. When I boot the computer, the bios starts, I see the cpu speed and memory check and everything. It seems normal. But the screen after, there is the problemem. It was written : CMOS problem or w/e. So I checked the CMOS jumper and they werent in the good position. so I replaced them and I booted again. Now, I have an error saying that the CMOS battery low. I then get 2 options : F1 to run Setup or F2 to load defaults values and continue. I don,t know why but either if I press F1 or F2, nothing happens ... maybe its because of my wireless kb ... sorry I dont have a wired one to try out. There is also a number at the bottom right of the screen : 85. Thanks alot, again

edit: Now I get the error CMOS settings wrong.

what can I do ?!

2. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Try replacing the CMOS battery. Is it a brand new mobo? What is the make and model?

Agurri likes this.
  3. Agurri

Agurri I am what I am

Its a brand new mobo, but the guy who I bought it had it for a year or so. the mobo is a SuperMicro 370DLE dual socket, running with 1 proc p3 800.

The CMOS battery ... where is it. I see the round-shaped one, but I think its the mobo battery...

EDIT : Ok I found out that the CMOS batt it the round shaped. I tested it and it was ok ...

4. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

I looked through spec sheets on supermicro.com - couldn't find your exact model. but that round one you are looking at is likely the CMOS

5. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Supermicro reports error 85 as this:

85 The memory size check is done. Displaying a soft error
    and checking for a password or bypassing WINBIOS
    Setup next.

6. Agurri

Agurri I am what I am

7. Agurri

Agurri I am what I am

btw, i just realized I couldn't enter the bios .... on the waiting screen where I see the memory & processor, I see the WAIT but even if I press del several times, nothing happens ....

8. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Did you figure this out?

9. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Just replace the CMOS battery. Should be about $2.