Cloverfield (1-18-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1-18-08

I just keep thinking how cool the scene in 'signs' when you first see the alien on the tv camera in a kind of shakey cam footage. I wonder if it will be a little like that - might be able to deal.

Would need to see a decent copy of this last trailer tho.

Yeah, that's one of my favourite kinds of scene in a film - that kind of "Oh sh1t, this is actually happening!!" feeling. Another good example is in War of the Worlds (the Tom Cruise one) - it really conveys that whole feeling of what it would be like for real if something like that happened.

Yeah was thinking that too, the kind of personal touch over the people who are directly involved with solving the alien invasion - in both cases actually ;p

Quicktime won't run the trailer. It says there's a problem with the file. :s

Quicktime won't run the trailer. It says there's a problem with the file. :s
Runs fine here. :p

Oh and does the girl in the beginning of the trailer have one of these? Looks alot like the orange one.

I think this is a parasite. If you go through the trailer and pass it at the point when the soldiers are running past that tent you see 3 figures in there. 2 of them are wearing some sort of Hazmat suits and they are on either side of what seems to be a woman. This woman is screaming and if you time it right to pause it you see that her body is expanding in the midsection and you hear a sound similar to the sound from the Alien movies as one of the creatures broke through the host body. And about 3/4 of the way through the trailer you get your first partial glimpse of the creature. Does kinda resemble Godzilla size wise and the back end shape, sort of. And the sound it makes is close to it. But then you get the people that are walking in the dark and they here the flutter of wings, insect type wings from the sound. Or the sound could have been insect type feet/legs. They give you just enough to put your imagination into overdrive.

well, the rumor was title "The Parisite" was being tossed around as a possible title before it was officially named cloverfield.

New trailer looks amazing. It can't possibly live up to expectations ... can it?

well, the rumor was title "The Parisite" was being tossed around as a possible title before it was officially named cloverfield.

What gets me is that if a Parasite how the hell does it get to be the height of a skyscraper? Unless there are more than one monster? Ala Godzilla vs ??? maybe? :suprised:

GOJIRA FTW !!!

Maybe it is Godzilla v/s the Power Rangers? :cool:

Would love to see the Pink Power Ranger out there... sans kit of course :cool:

That has to be Godzilla... Here is my logic.

Coverfield = A field full of clovers, which is very green.
Godzilla = A large Green Monster.

Brilliant.

Brilliant.

No more drugs for that man. :p

Brilliant.

Actually the Red Sox just won the series. Boston peeps HATE the Big Apple. Fenway Park has the Green Monster ergo, this monster attacking New York is OBVIOUSLY a Boston Red Sox fan.

STRIP THEM OF THEIR TITLE :smoker:

someone took a slow mo of the trailer and captured a brief glimpse of part of what may be the monster.

Doesn't show much.. doesn't reveal much..

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/serversphere/?action=view&current=monster.flv

Actually it does. If you pause at the moment that it first comes into focus you see the left leg of the monster. It looks very much like the legs of the U.S. Godzilla. Plus you see the long neck area as it turns the corner around the building just like the U.S. Godzilla. Then as it continues you see the right leg and hind quarter, again it looks like Godzilla. Now remember that in the Godzilla movie there was an egg that survived the missile attack on the Garden.

Look at the legs on this pic and the neck area then look at the clip.

Godzilla%20vs%20Kong%202.jpg

Also when it's turning you can kinda see those spiny things that are on Godzilla's back. My money is on a Godzilla vs something (parasite?) movie.

Plus the only monster big enough and strong enough to rip the Statue of Liberty's head off is Godzilla. And let's not forget the sound the monster made. It sure sounded like it. Also what if it's the mate of the first one and it came looking for it and finds out we killed it? It was in the ocean, it had to come from the ocean in order to rip of the statue's head.

Godzilla vs Mothra? Naaaaa

Last edited:
Re: Cloverfield (was: 1-18-08)

10 days to go.

Re: Cloverfield (was: 1-18-08)

Just got back..WOW..Great movie..im not one for witting reviews...but that movie was rad AND

At the end of the credits...ALL the way...till the very very very very end..you hear a radio screeeeeeetch in..." Its still alive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back