Cleaning out a laptop

I am a Welding/Materials Engineering Inspector, just moving onto another Welding Fabrication Shop. Gonna give the present employer my two weeks notice in the morning.

Heeter

Zeroing out a drive is low-level format. Which really cant be done with an IDE. Manufactures have low-level format utilities for IDE but they will still have to leave some info behind. But your suggestion works for his situation, im jsut being an ass

lol i relize if your super paranoid you could allwaysd do this then write random data to the drive then erase again the write lol. but thats a little too paranoid for me.

Heeter said:
I am a Welding/Materials Engineering Inspector, just moving onto another Welding Fabrication Shop. Gonna give the present employer my two weeks notice in the morning.

Heeter

sweet, best of luck to you :)

Thanks Bud,

I am still following your GPO posts

Heeter

Heeter said:
Thanks Bud,

I am still following your GPO posts

Heeter

Been real busy lately, but I'm tryin. Might have to take this week off :eek:

If you are really paranoid and get all the items you are wanting gone, deleted, wiped and such, defrag the drive afterwards and use a program like Eraser and wipe all the free and slack space. Slack space is a must because even if you delete these files sometimes in a windows OS things like to hang around.

Eraser is a free program that works really well and it is a good program to have installed to use to delete any files instead of sending them to the recycle bin and getting them stuck in info.dat and info2.dat files.
(Might want to use Eraser on the Recycle Bin too.)

I guess I am paranoid since I am paid to restore these files that people want gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back