Cleaning G4 OSX install

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I have finally made the time to get panther onto that G4 (there are old threads for this).

It seemed to go through as an upgrade rather than a clean install though... But once it was there the password resetting was a breeze, because I had OSX and the install disc ;)

Now there is one more task for this OSX n00b to perform before passing the boxen on - I'd like to cleanse it of all data and also the 9.2.1 OS which is still visible as an option to boot from....

Any advices from experienced mac users?

Doh - just seen there's an option utility on the install disc! However it took an age to make that install - what are folks recommendations? Is the best practice to redo the install? Or can I get around it with some informed deletions or system actions?

Last edited:
did the installer not offer the option to format the disk at all?

updated post - the option is there, but not offered by installer - is a utility...

so I guess the best way is for me to do a reinstall ...

You wanted a clean machine so that answers the question for you really :D

yes - I answered it for myself - in fact by some weird coincidence I have gone from no G4 to two G4's and an option on a G3 with no PSU..... :smoker:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back