Chrome!

T

Tristan

For those of you to lazy to view the site - www.chromethegame.com Or you can view the Preview here at OwnT.com - http://www.ownt.com/the_views/previews/2003/chrome/chrome.shtm

° Chrome is a tactical FPP shooting game whose action takes place in the future during the colonization of the newly discovered solar system of Valkyria. An unusual and dramatic story takes place among the huge and wild terrains of the five planets, within the residential complexes of the first settlers, deep within mines rich with precious minerals and inside the headquarters of the powerful corporations fighting among themselves over the unique riches of Valkyria.

° Innovative and unusual approach to FPP shooters and numerous innovations make gameplay attractive and exciting for the player. A system of implants allows the player to manipulate the character's personality and abilities. Player can create breathtaking chases using futuristic vehicles. There is an incredibly realistic body and injury system as well as detailed picturesque landscapes and much, much more.

° Each player has at his disposal a large arsenal, equipment and implants which allow him to choose specialized styles and tactics to complete each mission. With silent weapons, a camouflage suit and special features to sharpen physical reflexes and improve sensory abilities, the player can turn into silent assassin and strike his enemies unnoticed. With a heavy plasma gun, a dermo-shield and transplanted muscles the player can also be transformed into a human tank allowing him to storm past enemy lines.
Chrome is original, full of sudden twists and turns, heavy action and a dramatic story of heroism, friendship and betrayal. Corporate intrigues, true heroic characters, dramatic events and suspense make Chrome into something more than a game.

° There are 14 enormous difficult and varied missions. Tropical forests, rocky deserts, canyons, craters, snowy glaciers, lakes and mountains all contribute to the game's unique atmosphere together with high-tech military weaponry and vehicles as well as the futuristic technology of the 26th century. The world of Chrome is a world of contrasts between the wild mysteries of nature and the man-made technologies of the future.

° Multiplayer including all features of single player mode, allowing 32 players to enjoy the game. Huge arsenal of armor, implants, wide range of vehicles, broad and varied terrains. Chrome multiplayer is a classical, dynamic set of games like Death Match, as well as more complicated, based on objectives, team fights.

Terbon_3.jpg

Loomia_A2.jpg

Has anyone else played this demo yet? Its the wierdest damned thing!:confused:
Has a truly amazing engine with good DX9 support, great physics, good use of Havoc, great vehicles..... and some of the crappiest characters skins ever!! What gives? Did they run out of budget and could not hire and professional skin designers??

Sheesh....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by StormFront
Has anyone else played this demo yet? Its the wierdest damned thing!:confused:
Has a truly amazing engine with good DX9 support, great physics, good use of Havoc, great vehicles..... and some of the crappiest characters skins ever!! What gives? Did they run out of budget and could not hire and professional skin designers??

Sheesh....:rolleyes:

Let me sum up Chrome:

You see this really sweet looking expensive super sports car - amazing looking. But, then you walk up to it and notice it's only a piece of crap kit car with a 4 cylinder engine.

Eyecandy out the butt, but it is a horrible feeling FPS.

Bad.. Bad... Bad! :eek:

I dunno. Thats a bit harsh. It ain't HL2 to be sure but ti seems quite good fun. I think the main thing that will let it down is the shoddy multiplayer support. Personally I could give a damn about this but it does seemto make or break a game these days, sadly enough....:rolleyes:

Where the hell is the download-link? Couldn't find it when the game was brand new, can't find it now. I'm beginning to think they're either retarded or just damn crappy webdesigners. DAAAAAAAAMN Crappy. Duh AAAEMN.

A guy with eight posts comes into the forum and wax's lyrical about a new game thats just come out, and includes massive amounts of detail and pictures....

Smells like cheap meat to me...

Ah...... with you now. Brain numbed from talking to stoopid people in work.....:eek:

Didn't enjoy the beta, didn't enjoy the demo, and can't imagine I'd want to pay for the game.

Nice environments, but to quote a line from the Princess Bride, "I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are really quite lovely."

Hi guys long time since I posted here. Well it seems like an Unreal 2 wannabee. The engine almost seems the same but the graphics are'nt as good as Unreal 2. And did anyone notice that the main character sounds like Duke Nukem.

Heh. I am going to try Chrome out this weekend (3 day weekend!! The Air Force r0x0rs!) and see for myself. I have found that I like some games that people hate. Unreal 2 was a big stinko though :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back