ChOOsing a CD Writer----

I got a Lite-on 32x12x40 recently & it's great. It's got SMARTBURN (whatever that means) and in combination with Nero (came bundled with it) I've had no problems at all.

Highly recommended - they seem to be really good value-for-money burners..

I quess the best decision is the quality not speed . 2 minutes doesn't really matter in fact ; a 12x writer can write a CD in 6:48 minutes ..

1. Teac
2. Plextor
3. Yamaha

Originally posted by Cosmin
I quess the best decision is the quality not speed . 2 minutes doesn't really matter in fact ; a 12x writer can write a CD in 6:48 minutes ..

1. Teac
2. Plextor
3. Yamaha
I've got a liteon, and that thing's awesome. Never messed up, not even once, and I burn a ton of cds. It's fast (at 12x it burns in about 5:30-6:00) and plays on every cd player I have. I can't complain at all. It's quick, cheap, and reliable.

I have used all types of drives. never got a coaster, sister has, but then that was cause we had 8x CDs and she was burning at 10x, gotta make sure you are burning at the speed the CDs are capable with.

Teac is worlds only writer that can burn true digital audio at 40 speed all othes inc plextor drop 40 speed burn for data to less for audio.
I just replaced 16x for 40x and it does all format even cd-text,not a lot did i think my teac 1x also did over 1.5 yrs ago.
Lite on for some resson now got the brand called BEN-Q and it is 48x16x48 but same as before it wount burn audio at anywhere near to 48x speed and the 16x cdrw is wasted just now as 10xcdrw disc are only just available most are 4x

forgot to say sony drive will not play song music cd's and will not back up your sony software ie playstation games incase u'r pirating so stay away from them
I never play my cd-collection in hi-fi now as sound setup on p.c is good.

RAW

Which drives are best for pure RAW copy? I am looking into a new CD-RW that will copy disc EXACTLY as they are with all errors and yada yada.....plextor instituted a new little piece of software in their flashes a year or so ago that is supposed to limit RAW copying.....or am I just on LSD? ;)

Hax

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back